New Cannabis Ventures
After outperforming the overall cannabis market in September, the American Cannabis Operator Index fell for the eighth straight month after having scored five straight monthly gains, declining 11.6%. The four best-performing stocks in October included Unrivaled Brands (OTC: UNRV), Grove Inc. (NASDAQ: GRVI), Schwazze (OTC: SHWZ), and Cansortium (CSE: TIUM.U) (OTC: CNTMF) The four worst-performing stocks during the month included iAnthus (CSE: IAN) (OTC: ITHUF), Lowell Farms (CSE: LOWL) (OTC: LOWLF), Green Thumb Industries (CSE: GTII) (OTC: GTBIF) and Columbia Care (NEO: CCHW) CSE: CCHW) (OTC: CCHWF).
Tyson is launching the company with Captor Retail Group CEO Adam Wilks and Fyllo Founder Chad Bronstein. Bronstein, who will serve as Tyson 2.0 chairman, is also CEO of digital cannabis marketing and compliance solutions technology company Fyllo. Bronstein says he got to know Tyson as an entrepreneur and investor, and it was clear that cannabis was a critical component in his life. “I understood early on in our friendship that his brand could be used to bring superior products to market,” says Bronstein. “The Tyson brand combined with a major cultivation partner like Columbia Care, with their trusted and proven reputation in the industry, will ensure that consumers have access to the cannabis strains and form factors that Mike believes in.”
Ayr Wellness (CSE: AYR.A, OTCQX: AYRWF) announced that a total of 5.85 million (91%) of the publicly-held warrants exercised were exercised for cash and received the benefit of the incentive. As a result, Ayr will add approximately US$49.7 million in cash to its balance sheet. The remaining 9% of publicly-held warrants exercised were settled for shares on a net basis, resulting in the issuance of approximately 357,000 additional shares. After the completion of the warrant exercise, the Company has approximately 56.2 million subordinate, restricted and limited voting shares outstanding as of September 30, 2021.
With brands selling out of product on site, everyone that was a part of Grass Lands at Outside Lands had something to write home about. Kyle Barich, CMO of Holistic Industries, who launched Garcia Hand Picked, shared, “We were blown away by Grass Lands. Our performance at the festival nearly doubled projections, and more importantly, we were honored to pay homage to Jerry Garcia in the city that shaped him as an artist and icon.” The success of the event indicates that Cannabis sales and consumption should continue at music festivals, live music shows, etc. Basically, anywhere alcohol is currently being sold.
— OLDER ARTICLE —<< Back to All Newsletters